CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Let's talk about efficiency...

OK! I work for a small company. We NEVER close. In the last 35 years that we've been in existence, we've closed 1 time ( when there was a snowfall of 16 inches overnight) before this week... that was until, we were hit w/ the snow/ice storm from hell...

My qualm is with our 'closure notification system'. What's my problem? WE HAVE NONE!!!! There is a "SNOW LINE", but tell me... how does said SNOW LINE work if the POWER IS OUT!?! Pretty ineffectively.

SOOooooooooooo I'm up at 5:30am, trying to find out if I have to go to work ( almost hoping I do.)... I pick up the celly to call my supervisor.. NO SIGNAL! WTF?! The ice if f'king w/ the cell phone towers out here... so basically this comp it my only connection to the outside world... :(

I text my supervisor through Yahoo SMS (thank GOD for that)... and find out ( about 30 minutes later) that we're off again. Ugh. I swear... this is ridonkulous!

I tell ya what.. I'm breakin' out of this bitch today. no joke.

4 comments:

NightFall914 said...

Gurl, just enjoy the day off. :P

Young woman on a journey said...

girl, i wish i wasn't going to work today. lol. enjoy the day.

Jessica McCoy said...

Wanted to say Hi & thanks for following my blog. :)

Hope you have a gread day off! Wish we were but we hardly ever get snowed or iced in in Texas.

hotredsly said...

girl I feel for you,but try to not let it get you down,have some nice hot coffee