CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 13, 2009

*We Can't Be Friends*


::Sigh::
(That is Exie and I about a MONTH after we began dating... we were so happy and in love... (ok not in love yet... but very happy :))

So today was a good day all in all. I had a phenomenal time at work ( isn't that weird to say?!)... Lately the ax has been swinging low and chopping heads... So some people are apprehensive. In this economy, it would be banana's to be unemployed... Whew... I enjoy my co-workers... alot... I'm friends w/ a couple of my boss'... and it's just good times right now...

The rest of the day went well... UNTIL... (Bum Bum BUMmmmmmmm )Exie started texting me. Nothing serious, just checking to see how I was and making sure I was happy. He asked about my Valentines Day plans (I told him I'd be hanging out w/ Kris (Testosterone from someone who you don't LOVE is better than none at all right ? (I know that's not right... lol)). He asked about the status of us and my relationship... etc...

This entire time I'm SHAKING and NAUSEOUS! Like serious violent tremors. Teeth chattering and sick. The temperature in my house is 70 degrees. By no means COLD... HE just has this effect on me. PHYSICALLY controlling me... even from 1000 miles away. It's so crazy.

So anyway, our convo starts to take a turn I don't want it to take. He starts to get MILDLY sexual ( Bear in mind that not only is he IN a relationship... but the broad is preggo w/ his seed)... He starts talking about lewd things that we used to do ... or what I used to 'enjoy'...

::stomach turns::

I say " Wait. Stop. Rewind. Don't do that. Thanks :) Our memories (of that nature) are best left in a highly secured vault in the back of our mind. The key to our friendship is HIGHLY visible and well defined boundaries."... I was proud of me... His response " Lol. "

Ugh. Are you ever TRULY able to be PLATONIC friends w/ your most recent ex's? I mean, I'm close w/ a few of mine. But we only became TRUE friends after I'd been removed from the situation for a while. The emotions (romantic) were gone, and I was able to enjoy the memories that we laughed about w/o the 'craziness' creeping in.

I've only been removed from this situation for about 3 months... lol and it was more intense than any I'd ever been in. I'm trying to be a friend and happy and loving and ETC... But that control that he has is still there. He doesn't know it... but it is... Ugh...

I'll figure it out right? lol

3 comments:

Kofi Bofah said...

I don't do the platonic thing.

Love the F Beverly and Maze on your playlist by the way.

Jillian said...

i say no...not until you are emotional removed and over it...

i still get the EXACT same way about my "recent ex"...he is part of the reason i moved away from AZ and to TX...i told J that that's how i know i'm doin good..life is good..that mo'fo hits me up out the blue..and i get like instant anxiety attack...smh..

im much better now..all that to say I FEEL YOu on this one..way to put your foot down..

JaeSpenc said...

lol... well I didn't actually TELL him we couldn't be friends... lmaooooo So I guess my foot isn't down yet... lmao

But yeah, it's banana's how they still have that psychological control over you...