CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

*Seriously?! It's ok to hit women now?*




* * Let me just say that I'm completely appalled at all the rappers there taking up for Chris Brown! What does it mean for our society and times when we are almost CONDONING violence against women? I read several articles today, that had quotes from many different rappers giving him words of encouragement, telling him that things will be alright, and that this too shall pass. They were telling him that they understood and that they were human too.

* There are even some people coming out for him, that I would never expect to take a stance on the matter. People in my personal life having encouraging words for Chris Brown. I'd like you to imagine that it's your mother or father in this situation. Would you take the same stance? If your mother or father, was beating or being beaten would selected they're you have the same opinion of the situation?

* Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely a fan of Chris Brown, but I absolutely think that you should suffer the consequences of your actions. A lot of people are saying that this is going to be "career suicide" for Chris brown. Unfortunately, I doubt this to be true. I believe that this actually will serve to give him some street credibility, and may possibly amplify his success but change the market.

* There are people who were actually calling Rihanna a snitch!! The truth of the matter is, Rihanna didn't call the police. Someone heard her screaming and called FOR her. This man choked her and punched her like a dude, and then left the scene like a coward. Who condones that?

* I think it says more about the people who are sweeping the act under the rug, than it does about Chris himself. It's said that he grew up watching his mother being abused. This is a perfect example of a time when you should 'rise above' instead of 'falling prey to'. Perhaps the young Mr. Brown has begun to believe the hype of his peers. Perhaps this is a long hidden problem. Whenever the case may be, he definitely needs professional help.

7 comments:

♥ CG ♥ said...

I tell ya, J, I just don't get it. Wrong is wrong, yet time and time again 'celebrities' are given a pass to act a damn fool. As much as I wanted to see Chris go on to superstardom, as a woman, I can't support him from now on.

I just saw a local dj on the news make the comment "we don't know who hit who first...". Huh? If that's not the most disgusting thing I've heard all year. I think you're right, if R. Kelly can get away with that nasty ish he did, this will be considered old news by next week. Truly amazing.

Young woman on a journey said...

don't even get me started on this. i wanted to post something else on it but decided not to. i was listening to the radio and ignorant ass people (many women) were defending him. now you can say something like we dont' have the full details and shit. but when people start saying shit like "well, we don't know what she did to deserve it" or "i don't believe it cause he doesn't seem like the type" i start to get angry. are you f-ing kidding me. what can you do to deserve to be choked unconscious? and last i checked, growing up in an abusive home is the number one characteristic that helps to profile abusive and violent people. this situation has at best gotten people to discuss domestic violence among teens. but what i've seen is that it has brought out the worst in our society, the worst in our thinking, the weakest defenses i've heard. it is never okay for a man to hit a woman (safe if his life is in danger). and as the one sane person on the radio said, if you have to resort to hitting someone, you've exhausted your ability to communicate. it is thus your problem and not what the other person has done to you. if i were in his shoes, no matter how angry, i would think of the millions i'm earning, and millions of women who would be with me and put up with my shit, etc. and just walk the fuck away. its pure stupidity. i mean, i hate to judge not knowing full details and all. but it is never acceptable for people to defend domestic violence!

NightFall914 said...

I been reading "angry" blog posts all day about this and I find a few things interesting. First off Jae you know me, you've seen me in person stand up for a female but I also in that situation listened to the story behind the situation. As you remember OTHER FEMALES were condoning the physicality because she had crossed the line.

I say that to say this.As I posted in on my blog, Chris RocC says it best. "There is reason to hit anybody.The point is to not to do it" There are victims of abuse and ill treatment and their are females that do stupid, irresponsible things, that push buttons and put themselves in the line of danger.

I don't know the FACTS so i see it as 2 young people who had an ugly exchange in the eye of a very judgmental public. It could be an isolated incident, it could be something that has happened before or as I have heard Rhi may have initiated it.If you're old enough to drink you need to know that punching a man in the face puts you in the danger zone(If what I heard is true). Don't act like a man if you don't want to be treated like one.

It's an ugly situation for 2 people that everyone was gushing about just a week ago.I hope both sides get what they deserve.

AssertiveWit said...

what I don't understand about most of these blogs is that EVERYONE is assuming that the little bit of "information" that the media has presented the public with is the ABSOLUTE truth.

I don't condone violence of ANY KIND but is it fair to assume that ALL of these allegations are true? Chris NOR Rhianna has spoken on this situation and until either of them state EXACTLY what happened, I don't think it's ANYONE'S place to judge either of them.

I know it's your blog and your entitled to feel as you do but I just don't see how all these negative viewpoints towards Chris or Rhianna are okay when no one has THE TRUTH about the situation. He's basically been painted a woman beater off of limited information...

I look at it like, what if this was me in their shoes? They are the only two who know EXACTLY what happened...but then again, I haven't been one to believe EVERYTHING that the media hypes...

no one who has reported this "situation" in the news has reported it from a totally truthful or fair point of view...it's so bias and one-sided.

hotredsly said...

Girl i just post a blog on this same topic too! i am mad as hell about it! and with all the female taking up for him! what what!anyway it just show how deprave our associate have become! sad sad sad!

Nina said...

Hey girly, I was asking you to change your background because I can only see it on my phone and then sometimes I can't comment. Anywhosies! Kisses....happy v day..even though I'm late, lol

Ceecee said...

I just posted a lil something on this on my blog... this situation is crazy!!!