CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

**Uncle Tom**

... But on a serious note....

This is a picture that I, myself, took. This was parked outside of the grocery store in the town where I live. My first reaction was OUTRAGE!!! HOW DARE some white man ( yes, the man that owned this vehicle was white (this was on the back of someone's trailer hitched to their truck)) call Barack Obama an "UNCLE TOM". **Note** This pic is from a few months ago. I just saw it in my phone and recalled the feelings...

My second reaction was, WHERE THE HELL DO I LIVE?! As stated previously, this was OUTSIDE of the ONLY grocery store in my town. So now, I have to walk into this place and have whomever feels this way, looking at me thinking the same thing that they've written on their sign. It made be feel weird, uncomfortable, sad, and hurt. In this day and age, why don't people see how INAPPROPRIATE it is to voice their opinion in this way? I had to go into a discussion w/ my daughter about what an "uncle tom" was and why someone had such bad feelings for someone they don't know...

::sigh:: It is what it is I guess... You can't control the way that people feel or their actions. Only the way that you react. People are so ridiculous.


9 comments:

NightFall914 said...

Yeah America and it's freedom of each i.e "Lets allow cowards to say what they want indirectly, not in your face or only when in large groups" I remember you telling me about this and I still feel the same. Whoever it belongs to can STILL choke on a big fat donkey DicC.

JaeSpenc said...

LMAO! you're a mess... and yeah it realllllllly upset me.

Young woman on a journey said...

i'm not surprised. as nighfall said...cowards. and idiots i might add

Marie said...

You would think that times have changed .. and each day reality hits you ..

Ive been called Porch monkey and all types of niggers when I was in MA .. and Rhode Island ..

Its sad that your daughter would have to see something like that

grandMaster Grad said...

Ignorance isn't Bliss...n this person for sure is ignorant...It's sad that people still have a warped perspective on diversity and change...
Not surprised...n that's sad that this is a part of my every day life...I go to school in a town thats full of racist pricks n can do nothing about it...

the society we live in (SMH)

Smart Black Girl said...

I awarded you!!!

JaeSpenc said...

Thanks you guys for your great comments... Yeah, racism runs rampant around here... it's crazy. They have open Klan rally's and such... but ya know that's just what it is.

Anonymous said...

i hate shit like this
i did a past blog called racist obama pics similar 3 this one around election time
u should checc it out

achoiceofweapons said...

Bam Bam is not worrying about this petty nonsense. When you just pulled off the greatest acrobatic trick in American History. Being a Black Dude, Getting elected to the highest office in the most racist country. Even running without being killed.
Obama can dance underwater and not get wet!
Jaycee