CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 23, 2009

**This Was Filmed In My Town **

Above you see the "Nappy Roots" video "Po' Folks".... This was filmed in my town... The Church in he opening frame is MY CHURCH... very small... but still mine. They filmed right down the street from where I live now... and where I lived then ( two different places)... I know EVERYONE in this video. And it REALLY is how it appears. Poor. The guy who appears @ the beginning is " Frank Phillips "... he used to do the BEST magic tricks! Like CRAZY... He was handsome in his youth... it's almost like this place sucked it out of him... He's since passed away :(

I mean, people here aren't poverty stricken... And in alot of ways this video SENSATIONALIZED what was already there. There are very successful people that live in this town... and VERY successful people that live in my county.But the ones that aren't... don't seem to mind. It's just that feeling that they don't want "more". I'm so very afraid of succumbing to this... I still live here... I have advanced in several ways and feel extremely displaced... but hey... it's home.

It makes you wonder about the simpler things in life.

0 comments: