CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 2, 2009

*Why Can't They Commit Past the Novelty*

Ya know, I had shut down my computer! COMPLETELY shut it down... was laying in the bed... ready for sleep but watching "The Bachelor"... Then something happened and I HAD to boot up and type this out...

-- I'm not sure if any of you watch the Bachelor, but let me give ya a brief synopsis of what just happened.--

Guy dates 25 women and whittles them down to just 2-- Final day he chooses the one he wants to marry... and, if he so chooses, proposes to her. Then they live happily ever after (not usually)...

WELLL This time, he chose the girl that I thought he'd choose... and 6 weeks later, they filmed a show called "After the Final Rose". In this show, It's just the Bachelor the woman he chose and the host... He comes out first and talks about how they're no longer compatible (tearfully) and gives many diluted reasons why. Oh wait... NO HE DOESN'T! Just that "something's changed". She comes out... and HE BREAKS UP WITH HER on National T.V! What an insult!

So she has a conversation w/ him that I've had w/ exie (Jim)... And it almost brings me to tears! She asks him "What did I do?" He responds " Nothing. It's nothing you've done. Just the feelings aren't there anymore. I don't want to lead you on and I'm so sorry that I did... blah blah blah blah." She's visably hurt but she's playing it tough. She begins the whole "So as soon as something goes wrong you run? Instead of staying and fighting for the woman you "loved" you run?" Etc...

-- That leads me to this. Why are men UNABLE to fight? If there's someone that you truly love, why can't you roll with the punches and fix the breaks? Why can't men stay when the Novelty wears off?
-- In every relationship, the beginning is FUN! The getting to know you/Discovery phase. But once that ends... and things settle down... why can you not fight to stay together?

I already know that someone will say " If they WANT to fight for you, if they deem you "worth it" they will." NOT TRUE. My ex FOUGHT for me everytime I left HIM! EVERYTIME I broke up w/ him... he FOUGHT HARD! But when he left me... and I was fighting for him... there was no fight in him.

... Iono---Just watching this brought back crazy memories...

2 comments:

Jillian said...

as irritating as it is to hear lol "if he wants to he will"...it's true..men are simple creatures...perhaps he just didn't have any fight left in him when he decided to leave...

i will say that i believe that some men are just lazy and stupid...but majority are simple, if they want to do it, they do it...a lot of them just do it too late!

Sha Boogie said...

i totally dig what your saying! i felt like my ex had no fight in him when the relationship wasn't by his standards 'fun' anymore..

which is why i love my current beau so much!! he is so logical in his thoughts that everyday is not going to be great, we just have to get try again the next day..love that!