CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

** Only You **









The new year is upon us, and everyone is making their “resolutions” and saying ‘good riddance’ to the old year. Hoping that the new year brings them joy, bliss, and a new happiness that was somehow missing from the last. The thing is, what will they do to actually CULTIVATE this difference? How will they breed good karma, positive change, and upward mobility ( be it spiritually, financially, in their jobs, or otherwise)? Will they be repeating the same mantra 364 days from now? Still living in the misery that [they perceive] others have created for them all the while missing the fact that they’re EXACTLY the same? Doing the same things, walking the same lines that they walked before, yet expecting a different course.





I definitely count myself in that number of people. I have big plans for the new year! HUGE! But the question is, realistically, how long will I remain “amped” to run? How many days will I really devote to good nutrition as opposed to the atrocity that I call a diet now? Truth be told… knowing me… it’s going to be tough to keep myself motivated through the first couple of weeks. If I can pass a month I’ll be reaching a new record. And if 2 months come, I’m surely going to kick into that obsessive thing I have. And it’ll be all gravy from there… Just gotta get there.
The transformation that I hope to make is not only physical (thought I think that’s the most important one). I also hope to actually BE about the things that I SAY I’m about. My heart is open, I love freely, and I want to give. Sometimes those things are all directed to the wrong person/situation. The goal this year is to give more. GIVE BACK more. More charitable time ( and my MORE I mean any…). More times spent doing things that actually MATTER in the grand scheme of things. More “mark making” activities. Things I’ll remember…



… Basically I plan on giving and experiencing more of life through outreach…
It’s a big plan… and one that will have me feeling super accomplished should it come to fruition. But I believe it’s necessary. You can’t feel good, until you make someone else feel good.



Happy New Year
May all your plans come out as you’ve intended.
~Jae

1 comments:

NightFall914 said...

iSUPPORT THIS!!!!!!!

I'ma make sure you stay on top of it.