CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Your Friends...

(That's a pic of me and my six string tonight (9.1.09)... OH! And my swollen jaw (from dental work yesterday)...

I'm coming back... Soon... I promise. Let me just say a lil' something though...

Be careful who you call your FRIENDS.

I consider myself to be a 'friendly' person... I like to laugh but moreover, I like to make OTHERS laugh. There's nothing like the sound of joy. Nothing... Let's not confuse the issue though. Just because we are laughing together, doesn't mean that you're my 'friend'.

I have a HANDFUL of true friends. Literally like 5! I know many people and surround myself w/ many aquaintances. To your eye, they look like they've known me for years. Truthfully, they have no clue as to my inner workings.

Lately, a few of the 'aquaintances' that were becoming true friends, have let me down. They've shown themselves to be opportunistic and flaky. The details of the situation are unimportant... I just wanted to say... please know who your real friends are...

5 comments:

Young woman on a journey said...

real friends are so hard to come by but so refreshing to find. when it gets rough, you know who is really there for you. i'll just say i prefer to expect little and be pleasantly surprised, than expect a lot and be disappointed.

NightFall914 said...

Come bac Jae!!!!!Stop hiding!!!!

THARULA said...

just stopping by to say hello

Ceecee said...

This is so true-they're hard to find- you gotta know - especially at our age-you gotta have the TRUE ones by your side...

Marie said...

Girl .. I couldnt feel you more on this one ..

I just found out recently that an aquaintance of mine was planning on sleeping with my bf .. talk about pissed off and not being able to trust. I was really thinking about whether I wanted to add her into my circle of friends.